Monday, October 24, 2011

Whats been Happening?

Hey Yall! (in a Cleveland sort of accent....from Family Guy) Wow its been forever since I last posted and I have been itching to for quite some time now. Got a lot on my mind! First of all, whats the deal with the security on this thing! It took probably a half hour just to get logged in! Dang thing made me jump through hoops of fire to verify it was me! It's me I promise!

Things have changed. I live in Florida now, Daytona Beach. Brit is at Chiropractic school down here and I followed. Follow? Good, you're nice and caught up.

Well its the perfect time of night to blog, my favorite time of day to just think about stuff. I was just reading a little, I'm about halfway through a book called Beautiful Outlaw, and it's about the personality of Jesus. Great read so far. I'll have to reflect on it later. I wrapped up my chapter and thought, "man I just need to blog." So here me is.

Times are tough down here in Florida. It's rough going from a place where you know almost everyone to a place where you know no one. I have no connections. No family members or close friends to help out with jobs or entertainment or what have you. It's just harder when you are all by yourself. I mean, I'm not completely alone, I have Britney and her classmates, but they are all in the same boat as us. Alone and scared. haha, not scared, but alone. I have been riding the struggle bus when it comes to income. My dream was to move down here, make a bunch of artwork, sell it independently or through a gallery, and make millions of dollars. So far I have made around $300. And I am thankful for that. But making $300 in four months is pretty pathetic. Now, I went the first two months or so without even looking for a job, full or part time. I just really wanted to quickly succeed as an artist....I've been to or have contacted several galleries looking for.....really any type of involvement, but man its tough. They just don't want anyone else. It's like a party that your not invited to. My lack of income is starting to really hurt us now. I ran out of money today. We had some saved up from weddings and different things here and there, its was mainly our honeymoon money.....and I spent the last of it today.

Oh the stress......I have student loans to pay, and insurance. Britney gets a good chunk of change for living expenses from her school, student loan money. Its a good amount of money for one person....its really cutting it for two people......even more so when you add my bills. I am paying student loans with student loans.

I need a job.

But apparently everyone else does too. I was told by some Floridians, even before I moved down here, that you would be lucky to get a job that pays more than ten bucks an hour........I think it's true. I think you are lucky if you even have a job! I thought, oh with a bachelors degree at Purdue it'll be cake getting a job. HA! No such luck yet. I have applied to several different places, mainly places that require little responsibility so I can still focus on my art and photography. Not a single call yet.

Not yet, but I'm still hopeful. Just got to keep on keepin' on. I'm going tomorrow to apply to a grocery store, and check to see if there are anymore art opportunities around here. Someone will accept me sooner or later!

1 comment:

Todd said...

I agree! Pretty crazy that we both had the urge to write. I have a lot that I want to write about. It is like it is little pieces of stuff though floating around in my head.