Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Ramblings

I was thinking today about some of the worst feelings that I experience from time to time. First of all, when you have to pee really really bad. This is a horrible, horrible feeling. For example, if you are on a roadtrip and you have just drinken a 56oz drink while driving. Shortly after, you begin to have that feeling of a filling bladder, but realize that you just stopped twenty minutes ago, so you hold it in for an hour. This also applies to when you are sleeping and awake in the middle of the night with a full bladder. Seriously, you feel like you are going to die. On the contrary, one the best feelings in the world is when you actually get to go potty.

Another bad feeling is when you eat too much and you feel so full you feel like youre going to explode. I think that this is a worse feeling than being starving! But, unlike a full bladder, you cant instantly relieve a full stomach, you just have to suffer for a few hours.

Speaking of starving, I joined a club today here at Purdue called War on Hunger. I was walking back from studying at a friends apartment last night when I saw in huge chalk letters written on the sidewalk "War on Hunger" with very little information written below, just a time and place to meet. I stood there for a while, probably a minute or so, just staring at this trying to figure out what it could be. So I wrote the time and place on my hand and decided to see what it was about. The meeting was today at 6:30, Ian and I went to it. I guess it was just a club meeting, they acted like everyone there was part of the club, so me and Ian decided to join. We made some posters with statistics written on them, such as "A child starves to death every 5 seconds" or "Approximately 900,000,000 people in the world suffer from undernourishment." We also signed up for something on next Wednesday. Im not really sure what we are doing, but I think that we sit at a table in the center of campus selling buttons and raising awareness for hunger, I think Wednesday is National Hunger Awareness Day. This should be pretty interesting. Ian also talked me into doing a Big Brothers, Big Sisters club with him too. I think Ill enjoy that.

This week I have two midterm portfolio reviews for my art classes, so I will try to get some pictures soon of some of the work that Ive done this semester. One of the requirements for my advanced drawing class is 45 pages of sketches due thursday, and I have like 16. So I will be doing lots of sketching this week! We had since the beginning of the semester to complete these 45 pages though, so dont feel bad for me.

Also, I have Fall Break this coming weekend. I get off Friday through Tuesday, 5 whole days! I am currently planning a trip, but still dont have all of the details figured out, or who Im going with. Its going to be a roadtrip of some sort.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the "gotta pee" feeling applies to cats? Last week one of mine decided to "go" in the only pair of Italian leather shoes I've ever owned..... Target shoes from now on..haha or add a litter box to my closet?
Can't wait to see more of your art projects posted!