Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yep, Still Alive

It sucks not being able to have a computer. I tried getting it fixed, one of my friends in the fraternity is a computer wiz, but he said that he has no idea whats wrong with it. I dont know what Im gonna do, and I definitely cant afford a new one. This is why I havent been blogging lately, I just dont have time to go to a computer lab on campus just to blog, Im never near one.

But anyways, Im on AJs computer right now, he always keeps his unlocked, and since hes nowhere to be found, Ill take a few minutes to update. Im really enjoying my classes. Well, some of them. If you dont remember, Im taking Life Drawing, History of Modern Art, Agronomy, and Jewelry and Metalwork. I really enjoy Life Drawing, its pretty challenging, but Im learning a lot in that class, and I feel like I can be more creative and draw super fast now. All of our drawings are less than five minutes, its nuts! It sucked at first, but now Im getting used to it. Ill get some pics posted when I get my dern computer running again. History and Agronomy are just lectures, pretty boring classes. It gives me some time to do crossword puzzles. And I thought Jewelry and Metalwork would be a lot more enjoyable, but I really dont like that class so far. There is so much to know about metal, and everything has a certian order of process, its just too much information to know, and drawing is much easier for me.

Also, I signed a lease on an apartment for next year. Im living with my friends Jim and Jordan. Jim is a brother in the house, and Jordan is one of my friends from Industrial Design days. Its about the same distance to campus, well, to the art building, but a heck of a lot cheaper. Its $350 a month plus gas, per person. Its a heck of a lot better than $623 a month in the fraternity. Maybe Ill actually have some spending money next year.

And currently, my funds are unavailable to me. My debit card got cancelled bacause someone got a hold of a bunch of numbers, and mine was one. It also happened to AJ. So I have no way of getting money for a couple of weeks, until they send me a new one in the mail. I could drive back to Rochester and get some money at that bank, but thats way to far away.

So, theres a short little update, Im really sorry for this, I want to get back in the swing of blogging, but its hard when your giant paper weight of a computer just sits on your desk and stares at you with a blank face.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Glad to see a post! Have a great weekend.