Thursday, September 11, 2008

Brokenhearted for No Reason

Im feeling a little melancholy tonight. I was having a pretty decent day, pretty average day in terms of emotion up until a couple hours ago.

There is a girl in one of my classes who just takes my breath away when I see her. This doesnt happen to me too often. I see pretty girls every day here at Purdue, pretty girls who, for the most part, know that they are pretty.....which in part makes them ugly to me. Pretty girls who are pretty because they wear just the right amount of makeup, dye thier hair just the right color, and thier skirt is just short enough. But this girl in my class has a humble, natural beauty to her. And most of the time, I feel like I cant take my eyes off her, and I catch myself glancing over at her about 85 times during class period, which Im sure everyone has noticed. She is absolutely gorgeous, shes got beautiful wavey brown hair, big brown eyes, slender waist with long legs, and the perfect smile. She gives me a feeling that I havent felt since high school when I would see my crush that I never acted on. I guess you could say I have a crush on her. I havent really had a crush in a long time. Its nice to feel these feelings again. Ive talked to her a couple of times, she is usually sitting on the other side of the room with her back to me, so every once in a while I look for a reason to go over there and small talk. This class isnt like the normal classroom setting, its an art class where we are free to wander, where we work on our own during the 3 hour class period.

But, alas, she has a boyfriend. She is not available. I will never be with her, at least not anytime in the near future. My heart sank when I found this out. The feeling is similar to that of having a pet die or something. Maybe that is a little blown out of proportion, but I think you get my drift. So, tonight, I feel a little melancholy.

3 comments:

Lori said...

Have you never heard the old saying "everything is fair in love and war"?

Abby Miller said...

this is crazy. this is the situation girls dream about! -having a guy quietly admire her natural beauty in a classroom. it's just like in the movies. *sigh* I bet her boyfriend doesn't appreciate her as much as you would. haha! ok, maybe I'm going a little too far with this. anyway, good luck with this!

Jan D-M said...

Hiya, Ben,

Thanks for your comments. :)

Abby is right, btw. Girls love this stuff. You are a good guy, Ben, and any girl will be lucky to know you.