Sunday, September 28, 2008

Just Another Weekend

I know its probably kind of boring listening to what I do on weekends, but I kind of just want to write it down just to get it out, you know. So again, my weekend started on Thursday at the Neon Cactus. I went with four of my "bros" and we met up with two more when we got there. It was actually a pretty tame night, I didnt dance at all. Actually I got turned down and it kind of crushed my spirits. But they had a signing there, a girl from the tempe12 calendar, which I think is like college girls from the Big Ten. So me and my friends stood there admiring her for a bit, and one of them said that I should get my chest signed. I thought about it for a split second, and agreed. She was signing calendars, so I got one, stood in line for a few minutes, walked up to her and said,"Hi will you sign my chest," and proceeded to pull my shirt up. Confused, she gave me an, "Okay?" So she wrote, in permanant marker, that she loved me, some XOXOs, and signed her name. I talked to her a little, but sadly, I didnt get her number. But I didnt ask, so thats probably why.

So then we left pretty early, just me and Frazier. Frazier is a character, hes an alumni that is some kind of royalty in Spain or something, so he never works, he just flies around the world doing whatever he wants....or so he says. But hes been at our house for about 3 weeks or so. So we left the bar and headed over to Lauren and Erikas apartment. Lauren and Erika are well known amongst ATOs, they are some brothers' ex-girlfriends, but everyone in the house loves them. So they were having party that night, we decided to head over, and it was pretty lame. The girls were obliterated, and there were only three other people there besides the girls. After a few minutes of the girls dancing around, giving hugs, and being foolish, we decided to leave. We just went to McDonalds then called it a night.

Friday morning comes. I really didnt do much all day Friday, which would be my typical Friday. I played Xbox for several hours. Ive been playing this racing game called Forza, I really get into it! According to my stats, I have 15 hours of racing time already, but Im only 40% complete with the game. It feels good to accomplish something here at college. And then, of course, I went and worked out. Friday night, I went over to Stacees house to hang out. We played a few games of beer pong with her boyfriend and thier housemate, some really intense games! But, me and Stacee lost all three games. We also played a few games of air hockey, which were also intense. Me and Stacee invented an air hockey game where we dont use the paddle things, just our hands. That was a blast! Then we played around on the pogo stick, which I now realize is very dangerous.

Saturday was fun....and not so fun at the same time. We got our new pledges this weekend. Saturday was our pinning ceremony, which officially begins thier pledgeship. But before the ceremony, the brothers go around campus and pick up the pledges....creatively. Me and Adam decided to pick up his brother, who is pledging. So we called him at around 4:45pm and told him to meet us in front of his dorm at 5 with five sheets of paper, a pen, three socks, and a jar of peanut butter. We told him this to throw him off, we said there was going to be a scavenger hunt. So we picked him up, made him put a hat over his head so he couldnt see, and made him lay down in the backseat, basically so it doesnt look like we are kidnapping someone. We drove about 15 minutes out into the country, nothing but cornfields and empty roads around. We stopped on this dirt road and made him get out. With the hat still over his eyes, we made him believe there were other people with, telling "everyone" to be quiet and dont take thier masks off until we left. So me and Adam left, sped off, tires spinning, just left him there by himself, out in the middle of nowhere. And we left him with a sign that said "Be back at the house by 5:45." It was about 5:15 by this time.

But before you think Im a horrible person for this, we did pick him up, we didnt just leave him out there. We just drove down the road, stopped and waited about 10-15 minutes, and went back. He said that he was shocked when he realized he was alone. It was great.

Then we had a party after the ceremony at a brothers apartment. It was pretty fun, it was fun getting to know the new pledges, fun talking to some girls, did a little dancing, but not fun at the end of the night. I had a few beers, some Killians Irish Red, pretty good stuff. But toward the end of the night a girl asked if I wanted to take a shot of vodka with her, I hesitated, but agreed. Bad choice. First of all, I hate hard alcohol, it tastes disgusting, and it never agrees with me. Instantly after the shot, I had to talk myself out of throwing up for about ten minutes. Then on the ride home, it hit me again. We dropped some girls off, and I got out also, walked to the bushes, and chucked all over. I hate throwing up, that shot put me over the top. Later that night, I threw up again, walking down the hallway to get some water, it just snuck up with no warning, and I threw up in my mouth. So I ran to the bathroom and barely made it to the toilet. Never again. I hate vodka forever, I cant believe one shot did that to me.

Today, I just hung out with Stacee most of the day. We went to lunch, McAlisters, Ive never been there before, but it was pretty good. Then we went shopping....well, she went shopping and I was dragged along. I hate shopping, but I put up with it today. Then I went to church, which was great and thought provoking as usual. Later on I went to the art building to do some work for my ceramics class. Came back from that, wrote a paper in spanish, and thats that. End. Of. Weekend.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Ahhhh getting drunk........it's just not worth it sometimes is it?? BTW...the screwdrivers you drank in an earlier post...OJ and Vodka isn't it? LOL

Hope you are feeling better

Love ya

Todd said...

hey, we missed ya on the bike ride.

later