Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rest of the Weekend

Woke up at about 11am, I ended up staying awake until like 3am last night. I got so much sleep during the day, I wasnt really tired last night. I sat around during the first half of the day, just watched TV, got on the internet for while, just killed time. Then I left to go buy some new gym shorts. I lost my good ones somewhere so Ive been working out in my pajama shorts that I made. I get some looks in the wieght room. After I bought my shorts, I went to the ATM, went to CVS to buy some car cleaning products, then went to the car wash. It was time for my car to be totally cleaned. Got it vacuumed, armoralled, washed, the works. Came back to the house, only to leave again to work out. It was just a light workout, mostly just to do something because I was bored. I did 100 pushups, 20 pullups, and biked for 30 minutes. Came back, showered, then had to go to a cookout our fraternity had with one of the sororities, Kappa Alpha Theta....otherwise known as Thetas. I know several girls in that sorority, so it wasnt too awkward for me. I hung out with Meghan Phillips most of the time, I went to high school with her, we were the set of twins in our class. She gave me and AJ a tour of the house, its really not as nice as I thought it would be, thier rooms are really small and all look the same. But they have a courtyard in the center of the house, so that more than makes up for it. We also watched the Colts game while we were there, it was very exciting, yet disappointing. I met a couple more girls while there, it was just some typical small talk.

Then me and Cam left for church just before 8pm. The church I attend here at Purdue is called Purdue Christian Campus House, also known as Campus House Church, http://www.pcch.org/. This place is great, it reminds me a lot of Horizon, my church from home. They believe mostly what we believe at Horizon. And they have a great band too, worship is amazing. There are four different service times on Sundays: 9am, 11am, 6pm, and 8pm. I usually attend the 6 or 8 oclock services, mainly because I cant get up early enough for the morning ones. Tonight we talked about miricles. We are doing a series on who Jesus is for the next few weeks. This place really bring me back to seeing the big picture every week. I always get so caught up in everything here at school, Im always busy doing something, but its just me and Jesus on sundays. Unfortunately, it doesnt really stay that way the rest of the week. But it was a pretty good service tonight, as it usually is. And currently, I should be studying, but I dont really feel like it right now, maybe later. And Im watching Family Guy, so I have to wait till thats over.

So thats what happens for me here at Purdue. Just to let you in on what I do.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Thanks for sharing about a weekend at Purdue.