Sunday, September 21, 2008

Weekends at the Due

I just realized that its been a while since Ive put anything on my blog! The days are going by so quickly here at school. But never fear loyal followers, Ben is back with some stories! This weekend was kind of a typicle weekend for me. Jam packed with good times, bad times, random happenings, and little sleep.

My weekend started Thursday night, since I dont have class on Fridays. On Thursday nights, a group of my fraternity brothers and I like to go to the Neon Cactus, a HUGE bar off campus. Thursday nights at the Cactus are the thing to do, EVERYONE goes. Its cheap, five dollar cover charge with 25 cent beers. Plus, dancing! There is a ginormic dance floor in the center of the place, and it is always packed and sweaty and loud, and ultimately exhausting. So we got there and just hung out at a table and talked about nothing for a little while, then I got a call from Stacee, one of my really good friends, saying that her big sister was in town and they want to come over to the Cactus. Well, first of all, backstory on Stacee. She and I have known each other since like 5th grade, she lived in the next town over, Plymouth. I always had a huge crush on her all throughout elem, middle, and high school. We eventually dated in high school, on and off, for maybe a year or so. But now we are just really good friends. And her family is like my second family. But anyways, her 29 yr old sister, Holly, came up for the weekend from Virginia to hang out and also go to the football game. But we had a blast at the Cactus thursday. It was pretty much me dancing with these two beautiful blonde girls all night, I was the envy of the place, cant get any better than that. We eventually split, I went back to my house with my brothers, my uber-drunk friend unwillingly bought us pizza, and I eventually made it to bed at about 3am.

Woke up at noon on Friday. Thats the great thing about Fridays for me, I can sleep all day if I like. I didnt really do much all day Friday, played Xbox for a while, went to workout, just relaxed. Then Friday night rolls around. This was a very frustrating Friday night. My fraternity cohosted a party with Alpha Kappa Lambda, another frat, at their house. I went with AJ, we were there for about 15 min, it was lame, and we werent in the mood to party or be social at all for that matter. So we decided to go buy some cigars and smoke them. We went to a gas station, were standing in line to pay, and some drunk guy wanted to fight us for no reason. Seriously, no reasonat all, we said nothing to him, he just walked up to us and said, "Did I stutter? Now get the f*** outta my way!" I kind of just looked at him with a "wait, are you serious" look on my face. We just ignored him and left. We went back to the house, me and AJ and Nathan smoked on the roof and told stories. Nathan tells amazing stories. Him and a friend tried driving to the east coast on mopeds this summer......they made it to Ohio, his friend forgot a sleeping bag and got sick one night. While up on the roof, we saw three brothers walking back from the party, one of which was less walking and more leaning on the other two to stay up. All the while being followed closely by a police car. I thought for sure they were gonna get busted, but they made it into the house alright.

So I went downstairs to talk to the guys that came in, just wanting to see some drunken happenings. I was talking to the one that couldnt walk, he is one of the newer guys in the house. We were just having a good time, laughing and stuff, then he breaks out into tears. At first I thought it was pretty funny, but then realize that something was really wrong. He kept telling me that he needed to walk back to his apartment (2 miles away), I said that theres no way Im letting him, saying that he would definately get arrested, but he said that he wanted to get arrested. He was being very self destructive, he wanted to go back to his place and drink more, to get his mind off something. He wouldnt tell us what was wrong though. So for 2 hours I was keeping an eye on him, making sure he wouldnt leave, eventually wrestling him to the ground a couple of times to get him to stay. He was still crying the whole time. We eventually drove him back to his place, and had a little talk with him. Apparently, the girl he had been dating left the party with another guy and he was crushed. We tried comforting him, but he will obviously still be crushed for few days. When we left, we peered into his window for a few minutes to see if he went for the alcohol again. He didnt. I eventually got to bed at 4am.

So then 7am quickly rolls around. Time for breakfast club! Breakfast club is when you dress up in a costume and go to the bars before the football game. This was my first time going to breakfast club. I dressed up in my Kmart attire which I kept from when I worked there in high school. The crew I went with included Stacee, Holly, and Adam, my roomate. Adam was dressed as a pimp, Stacee and Holly were the Doublemint twins. We make it to the first bar at about 8:30am, Brothers Bar. It was pretty dead there, we each had a drink then went to the next bar, WhereElse. This place was happenin! Lots of people, dance floor, cheap screwdrivers. I had two screwdrivers while I was there. It was, again, a blast dancing with Stacee and Holly, and me and Adam were once again the envy of the bar. We left at about 10am, were giving free doublemint gum to random people on the way back, eventaully made it back to my room, then the girls left. I decided to make a third screwdriver. Now, Im a small guy, I hadnt eaten anything that morning, and the screwdrivers at WhereElse were almost double, each. On top of that, I got barely any sleep the night before. Needless to say, I closed my eyes at about 11am.......and missed the football game. I woke up at 3pm, not feeling well. Very dizzy. I spent the rest of the day laying around, trying to recover.

And on top of all this, my roomates ex-girlfriend is up for the weekend. Im not fond of her, she makes my skin crawl. I feel like I have to clean everything she touches. Im afraid to leave them alone in my room for fear that I will have to burn my couch after what they do. So, Im really not happy about this, and they obviously know that. Once again, Im not one to sugarcoat my thoughts.

Alright, its after 2am now, time to finish the day. Sunday....studying, I have an exam Monday. And church, woot! I love my church down here. kbye.

3 comments:

Abby Miller said...

wow! I went to a church tailgate before a high school football game and ate chinese over my weekend. woo. hoo. LOL you're crazy. your life is crazy. I don't think I would survive down there. Oh btw, what's the "Due"???

Ben Miller said...

Purdue.

Abby Miller said...

hah! oh.