Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Motorcycles, Paintings, and Ceramics

Just to finish up some stuff I never put up, here is some more artwork from Christmas and some of my ceramics projects from the past semester.






Christmas present for good 'ol grandpa Tom Christmas present for Dad

Christmas present for Mom (first time using watercolor)

Another for Mom (first time using acrylic)

Hand made from clay, it had to be as lifelike as possible and twice the size of a real hand. I accidentally broke two fingers off right before my final critique, so they are just superglued back on. Oh, and the whole thing is hollow. Yeah, it was tough to make.



It looks pretty creepy, huh.

Lidded box

Pot, not an urn.

Abstract that had to be inspired by song, poem, literature, etc.





My inspiration was Today is Alive. Read this below, its an explination that I had to write about why I used this poem and how I incorporated it into my piece.

3 comments:

Chuff said...

Sweet stuff Ben, you have a lot of talent!

Jan D-M said...

Ben, you have such a talent. I love your artwork. Wonderful gifts.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

jdm

Anonymous said...

Awesome artwork! You have amazing agility with color and style. I enjoy seeing your exploration on the border of abstraction, and your images are speaking louder than words. I was looking through your other artwork, and there is a clear progression of skill! Fantastic to see, and thanks for sharing!

I'm humbled by your link and words about my own art blog. Very much appreciate it, and I encourage your exploration in art. :)

I'd also like to invite you to check out a new site I've been working on with other artists. The Artist Challenge! (www.theartistchallenge.com) Join in the challenges if you have time! (It's free until April.) Would be great to see your work on a challenge theme. Check out the forum for interesting discussions between artists too.

Good luck with your artistic pursuits! :)

~Michael