Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Update on Life

Well, Christmas break has been kind of crazy this year. Im not used to floating around so much, that is, trying to find places to stay. Well, its not that I cant find places to stay, I just have to find which places easily fit my schedule. Its been hectic, but bearable.

Im finally over my illness. It stuck around for just about three full weeks. And it was probably the worst illness Ive ever had. I wouldnt wish mono on my worst enemies. It started out as flu symptoms: fever, chills, massive headaches, stomach aches. Then it progressed to extreme weakness, there would days where I would do nothing but lay on the couch and watch TV, I didnt even have the energy to get up and eat. Then it progressed to strep like symptoms. My throat was a mess, for a couple of days it was tough breathing because it was so swollen. Then when I would sleep, I had to breathe through my mouth because my nasal passage was nearly swollen shut, and when I would wake up in the mornings, all of the mucus and flem in my throat would dry up and it would just be a nasty mess back there. (Arent you glad Im going into such detail!) All the while, Im still getting fevers about every day. Toward the end, I began to regain strength and I would be fine for a day, then the next day it would seem to come back. This happened for about four or five days. But now, all I have is a little bit of a sore throat, but its not bad at all. Im feeling about 98% better.

I went to the doctor yesterday to get checked for ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder, if you didnt know). Ive known for a while that I for sure have it, but havent really done anything about, just put up with it. But lately its been affecting my everyday life, read I forget EVERYTHING , so I figured I had to do something about it. So I went to the doctor, he asked me a bunch of questions about my studying habits, memory, time and money management, organization, and, no surprise, I was diagnosed with ADD. Actually, I was diagnosed with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder), which was kind of a surprise, I never really thought I was that hyper. But in adults, the hyperactivity is mostly impatience and impulsive behaviors, which are obviously me. So he gave me some trial pills, today is the first day Ive taken them, and I already notice a difference. But we'll see how it affects me in the future.

Hmm, what else. Oh, I never updating my housing situation for second semester at Purdue. I had a couple of people come up to me and ask if I was still getting kicked out of the fraternity. Well, Im not. I met up with the Board of Trustees, a group of people that oversee the decisions of the house, and I pled my case to them. Their conclusion was that I really didnt do anything wrong, so I get to stay in the house. But my roommate and one other guy got evicted. So they are getting an apartment together for spring semester.

I also had another huge ordeal involving registering for classes and paying Purdue more money, its a huge mess and Im still dealing with it. The problem is that I still havent finished registering for my classes, so Im still not a full time student yet. And since Im not yet a full time student, I wont get my financial aid money. But I have hold on my record, I have to pay $3,938 before I can finish setting up my classes. But I couldnt get that money until I get my financial aid. But I couldnt get my financial aid until I got my classes finished. But I couldnt get my classes until I got that paid..........do you see the mess here? Yeah, it is complicated. But, I did get the $3,938 paid today, I had to borrow some money from my parents, which I will pay back when I get my aid money. So now I just need to finish registering for classes. And since classes start Monday, I need to do that as soon as possible, but I have the wait till I get back to school because all of my classes information is there (which ones I need to take). Ill need to head back sometime in the next couple days. So that has been a huge hassle also.

But other than all that crap, Ive just been lounging around. Ive been playing with my camera a lot and messing around with Photoshop even more. Ive got some pretty good pics that I adjusted in Photoshop that will probably show up on here sometime.

2 comments:

Trent said...

Try this one for your Flickr Widget.

http://www.db798.com/pictobrowser/builder.php

David R. Darrow said...

Welcome to the ADD club. 51 and still dealing with it. I was thinking it--hey, look! Shiney things!--anyway where was I? Took the TV remote with me in the car once, wondereing why my wife hadn't called yet.

Doctor gave me Adderal -- works like a charm. Slows my mind down. (I actually love that). My wife tried it and said she was "speeding" for hours.

We have a different chemical balances than regular folks.

Remember, ADDers are usually high-intelligence. Bonus!

Never know when it's time to eat or sleep. Life is just one long run-on sentence with naps.

Good luck figuring it out. Don't get a wife who doesn't understand it. ADD is a relationship killer. I, however, am blessed!