Friday, December 5, 2008

I forget EVERYTHING

Its true, I have the memory of a 98 year old. I seem to always forget just about everything: important dates, where things are, peoples names, even people Ive known for years. Yeah, things like that. When Im going anywhere with my friends, I always tell them to give me at least ten minutes before we leave so that I can find my keys, license, shoes, whatever. I will set them down somewhere and forget where I put them. Every single time. Ask any of my friends.

I forgot my friends first name, one of my friends in ATO. I always call him by his last name, and one night I could not, for the life of me, remember what his first name was. Its Matt, I was thinking it was Ryan.

The other day I sat next to a girl in class who Ive known since my freshman year of college, MaryAlice. I havent seen her much lately, maybe a few times in the last two years. But as we were talking, I was trying to think of how I even know her. I have no idea how I met this girl, not a clue. The earliest memory I have of her is I used to talk to her while she was working at the CoRec (Sports Center at Purdue) before I would work out. Im sure I didnt meet her there, I dont just meet people that way.

And my poor memorization often gets me into trouble.

Last night I was laying in bed (couch) doing my usual two hours of thinking before I fall asleep when I realized that I forgot to register for classes for next semester. I was given one day to register, December 4th, and it completely slipped my mind. I already missed the first deadline, a whole week in early November dedicated to signing up for classes.....I forgot. I forgot a whole week. Then I kept forgetting to make an appointment with my advisor. And now, most of the classes I need to take are full, so Im not really sure what to do.

Also, I still havent paid rent this semester. And now they are considering encumbering my registration. That means that I wont be allowed to register for classes until I pay that money. Which, now I dont have enough money for the whole semester. So Im not sure what Im going to do. Its not that I refused to pay it, well I did for a while when I thought I was getting evicted, but its just that I usually cant find my checkbook, or when I do have it in my hands, about ready to write the check, my mind wanders elsewhere for a second and I dont come back to it until a month later.

Actually, Im starting to think that I have a severe case of ADD or something.

I cant study. I will go to the library for maybe 4 or 5 hours and only get about 20 minutes of studying in. The rest of the time, Im just thinking about other things, or playing with my pencil or something. I will sit there, focus hard for about 2 whole minutes, then my mind wanders for about 10 minutes and I will completely forget about studying.

Most people would call me irresponsible. I just dont remember to do things. Its horrible, really.

Stacee texted me last night and told me I forgot to take her out last night. I promised to take her out earlier in the week.

Im actually pretty pissed at myself for being so forgetful. Its sucks being like this. And its probably only going to get worse.

No comments: