Friday, December 26, 2008

Turkey Sandwich

Well, ladies and gentlemen, I went to the doctors office today because I am still feeling quite ill, and was diagnosed with mononucleosis, the kissing disease. And what do you know, the doctor can't do anything about it. There are no prescriptions or remedies for this illness, I just have to wait it out. He told me it could last from 1 to 4 weeks, just in time for Xmas break to end. I ran another fever last night, and this morning when I woke up, my throat was nearly swollen shut. Worst Christmas ever.

But on the bright side, I got some pretty sweet gifts. I didnt get a lot, but thats alright, I dont really expect to get a ton of gifts anymore. I mean, of course I got the usual, socks and underwear (which I enjoy getting), candy, gift cards, a ukulele. You know, the usual. Haha, yeah Trent and Abby bought me a ukulele for Christmas. I havent played it yet, but its right next to me waiting for the tickle of my fingers.

But my favorite gift of all is my Canon PowerShot SX10 IS. This is one awesome digital camera. I started reading the owners book it came with, but I just barely tapped into its capabilities. Im planning on reading that book for days until I know everything there is to know about this camera. Ive already discovered some pretty amazing features already, like the color accent and color replacement features. The color accent feature allows me to single out one color, take red for example, and turn everything else black and white. Its pretty cool. The other feature lets me turn one color into another. I took a pitcure of some trees in Trents back yard and turned them orange. I thought that was really neat. And Trent got a Nikon D60 from his parents, so we went out yesterday to the park and took some pictures.

By the way, this post has nothing to do with a turkey sandwich. And, my moms internet isnt that good, so this is the only picture it would allow me to upload. It with the color accent feature. Ill have more when Im able.

2 comments:

Todd said...

Can't wait to there the Ukelele.

Trent said...

Do a File > Save for web, in Photoshop. At the bottom, it will say "image size," and display it in pixels.

Set the larger number, either the hight or the width, to something around 900 or 1000 and save it.

Use that image when you upload to blogger.

You should be able to upload pretty easy that way.

Cool picture!