Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I Like You

I Love my car,
With its leather seats and cruise control.

I Love my job,
Its benefits and income are more than bearable.

I Love my house,
The hardwood floors and earthy tones are rather comforting.

I Love summer,
Everything seems so perfect and beautiful.

I Love cooking,
All that effort makes eating that much more enjoyable.

I Love singing,
My voice sounds terrific in the shower.

I Love snow,
The danger and possibilities have a clutch on me.

I Love ice cream,
Pretty much any flavor as long as its coffee flavored.

I Love music,
It can put you into any emotion you desire.

I Love these,
I Love those.

But you know what,
I Like You.



It seems that we are becoming desensitized to the word Love. We hear the word Love everyday, in even the simplest comments about the simplest things.

We've heard people say they love us since the day we were born. But it doesnt have that great of an impact anymore. We know that we will always be loved, but sometimes the people who love us dont even like us. So to hear them say, "I Like You" is so different and wonderful. Because, although they will always love you, in that instant....they Like You.

2 comments:

Chuff said...

Thought provoking. I love...errr like it!

Todd said...

Although this is a bit difficult for me, I'd have to agree with Chuff.