Monday, December 15, 2008

It Christmas Time!

Well, Im back home from school already. Technically, its still finals week back at school, and technically I still have one final exam to take, but its not until Saturday. So Ill head back to school sometime Friday, study a little, then take the exam Saturday afternoon. Then come back home.

But Im wondering if I shouldve come home this week, again I feel weird just crashing at peoples houses, Im at my sisters' apartement right now. I wish I still had a "home" though, now I consider ATO my home. But I basically just came back this week to help out the high school wrestlers, when Im home I help coach them.

But being home has got me into the Christmas spirit! Seeing all of the presents and lights and snow (or lackthereof) has reminded me that Christmas is near. And fearful that Christmas is near. I came back to Bremen with $14. Then I went to the store tonight and bought some PBJ, bread, and some beans to eat this week, I dont want to eat all of my sisters' food, so I decided to get something cheap to live off of. That set me back $5. So now I only have about $9 in my bank account. My selfish spending and poor planning this semester has left me with $9 for Christmas.

So I have no money for gifts. I feel bad that everyone is buying me all of these expensive gifts for Christmas that I will probably love, and I have nothing to give in return. Thats a horrible feeling. And I hate taking charity. In the past, Ive had my mom or dad buy some gifts for other people and put my name on it. I hate that. Sometimes I dont even know what it is. Thats not right. Thats hardley even a gift for that person, its more of gift to me. But I do have a couple of things in mind that dont involve gift giving, but giving nonetheless. Some tricks up my sleeve.

But anywho, I do love coming home for Christmas break to see my family and wrestle and eat some delicious Christmas dinners. Hopefully this will be a good Christmas.

4 comments:

Jan D-M said...

Hi, Benjamin, I'm glad you're home even for a brief time. Good luck with your final final.

Anyway, your solution to gifts lies in the palm of your hand, guy. You have the most wonderful, awesome, incredible talent that many would love to benefit from. Your mom left you a hint. Others left you a hint and you have plenty of time ON YOUR HANDS, so to speak.

Just a thought.

:) Merry Christmas.

Abby Miller said...

I would like a pointtillism sketch of the lighthouse or the flowers in the vase :)

Todd said...

Going to have to agree with JDM. Pretty sure several folks have left more than hints. Have fun being an artist!! Take care!

basedonfaith said...

Yeh Ben, the gift you have should be shared with others! hint, hint! You can come eat all my food whenever you like!