Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Parents Date

Last night was interesting. Britney finally arrived back in the states yesterday, home from Greece. She landed in Philadelphia yesterday at like 3 or 4. I had known for a while that she was coming back this Tuesday so I wanted to surprise her and be there at the airport in Indianapolis waiting for her. So a couple of days ago I talked to her mom and made plans to meet up with them then head over to the airport.

I was going to meet her mom and Dean at the Starbucks by I65 in Lafayette at 6:00pm, and it takes two hours to get there, and I dont like to rush, so I sacrificed a whole $8.25 of hard "labor" and left an hour early from work to get showered and such. So as I was driving down, Britney calls me to tell me she was in Philadelphia waiting for her next flight and during our conversations she asked if I was driving somewhere, and me being the worst liar in history, I say no Im just sitting at the house. She asks why its so windy there, and I change the subject. I think she figured it all out right then.

So I arrive at Starbucks and meet her parents there. Oh by the way, I was terrified the whole drive down because my car has been in horrible shape lately. The wheel bearing is so loud I cant even hear myself think, my dads friend Mike told me a story about a bad wheel bearing on his truck one time, he said the whole wheel flew off driving down the road. And its got like half the power it used to because of.....something else wrong with it, so I can barely even make it up hills. Stupid car. Anyways, once I met up with Kim and Dean, they tell me her flight has been delayed an hour, so we had plenty of time to kill. So we hung out at Starbucks for a while, then went to a super fancy/expensive car wash. Then slowly drive down to Indy. We had time to stop and eat so we went to Ruby Tuesdays and had a nice little meal. Somewhere between our drive down and dinner, Brit calls again and says shes in the plane but there are more delays, I guess something was wrong with the plane, or the pilot was drunk and they had to wait for him to sober up. So we have another couple of hours to kill. So.....we went to the movie theatre across the street. We saw Night at the Museum 2. During the movie, Brit calls again, upset and histerical according to Dean, and says that her flight has been cancelled and theres nothing available until the morning. So she had to stay in a hotel overnight and wait for another flight. Meanwhile, our movie gets done at around 11pm. So we drive back to Lafayette, me and Dean talk about wrestling the whole way, and I begin my drive my two hour drive back to Bremen. I talked to Britney on the phone for about an hour on the way, well, tried to, the cabin of my car was so loud from that bearing I could hardly hear what she was saying. Oh, and I saw an accident on my way home, it looked like a semi driver had fallen asleep and went off the road, I mean he was WAY out there. There were tons of cop cars and ambulances there too.

Anyways, I was pretty tired on the way home and disappointed that I drove all the way down there to see her and didnt get to. I ended up in bed at 2am, then had to get up at 6am for work. Im not really that tired though. So that was my date night with the 'rents last night. All things considered, I still had a good time, I have a good time no matter what happens.

No comments: