Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Wedding Photographer?

So since I got my camera for Christmas, Ive been pretty interested in photography. Well, Ive always been interested in photography, but now Im able to actually act on that interest. And with my background in art, I feel that I would be a pretty decent photographer, but its only a hobby for now. I have gone out a couple of times and taken photos with Trent, and then once with Britney, and every once in a while Ill get inspired and go out on my own and see what I can capture. Its a pretty good time. Photoshop is my specialty though, thats where the magic happens.

But tonight I got a phone call from a certain Meghan Phillips with a proposal. Meghan is engaged to Chuff (Chad Huff if you dont know him), who is Todds brother......very confusing I know. But anyways, she asked me tonight if I would like to help Jane take pictures for thier wedding. I was thrilled! Of course I said I would help, this will be great photography experience. I have already taken some pictures for Stacee, just some of her and her family, and Stacee already wants me to take her engagement photos AND wedding photos. So this has gotten me ramped up even more about photography! That would be so much fun to be a professional photographer.

But I have a long ways to go. Ill keep it as a hobby for now, but keep it in the back of my mind as another profession. Man, being an indepentent artist is gonna be great.

2 comments:

basedonfaith said...

Wow Ben, that is awesome!!

Stacee said...

I see the marketing possibilities already... ;) Start practicing...Jamaica is only two and a half years away :D