Saturday, July 19, 2008

Dark Knights and Cycling


Last night I went to see the new Batman movie, Dark Knight with Andrew and A.J. I thought it was a pretty good movie, but it was SO freakin long! Just when you think its about to come to an end.......theres about an hour left, unbelievable. But the highlight of the night had to be on the way home. I was driving A.J.'s car, its a VW Jetta I think, taking some backroads to avoid the traffic, and next thing I know, I hear a THA-THUMP underneath the car. At first I though it was a huge rock and I was afraid I had ruined AJs rims, but AJ yelled from the back "Oh my gosh, you just hit a cat!" I never even saw it run out. He said it had taken quite a tumble and was struggling pretty bad in the road. So, of course, we had to go back and look at it. So I turned the car around in the middle of the street, stalled the car, almost rolled into the ditch, and eventually made it to the cat, which actually turned out to be a kitten. Yes, I am a horrible kitten killer. It had quit thrashing by then, and I thought it was dead but they said it was still breathing. So obviously I said "well should we run it over again?" You know, just to make sure its dead. I guess they thought that was a bad idea, and I guess I'm a horrible person for saying that. But anywho, those are the happenings of last night. I do feel bad that I hit the kitten right in front of the peoples house too. The kids probly walked out of the house this morning, saw the cat, screamed bloody mary, and are now scarred forever. All because of me.


Well, this morning was a little less grimm. Trent, Todd, and I went for a 20 mile bike ride around the area. I thought it was great! I always love taking bike rides. It's even more fun when you get to ride with your friends. I've ridden my bike SO much this week. I put just over 94 miles on it and have spent 6.5 hours on the Red Racer this week alone! I told you, I'm a bikin fool! But this morning it took us about 1 hour 29 min. to ride just over 20 miles (20.11 to be exact). Its amazing to me how time flies when I'm on the bike. We are all in such a hurry to do things. We all think we need to get somewhere as fast as we can. It takes me about 20 min to get into town from my house on a bike. Its about 7-10 in a car. Really, it doesn't take that much longer on a bike. While we were on our 20 mile trek today, I asked Trent how much time had gone by, when he said it was about an hour I thought, wow, it only felt like 15 or 20 minuntes. Then, with about a mile or two to go, it started to rain. Then it started to pour. So, we got wet, but it was actually pretty refreshing. Next up, we are going to do a 50 mile excursion. Well, I am. But if Trent and Todd want to, that would be even better!




Let me just leave you today with this quote: "No matter how long you shake and dance, the very last drop goes down your pants."

-Abraham Lincoln, 1926



...I may have made that last part up....

1 comment:

Trent said...

You ride your Red Racer like a radical rebel.