Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back from Wisconsin


Yep, me and Todd got back to Bremen at about 10:30 last night. The trip back was less then desirable, but managable. We had to make about 4 pit stops because we drank WAY too many liquids, and ran into some horrible traffic in Chicago, we probably lost nearly an hour. But other than that, we were bookin! And listening to Gaffigan...again. Its always a good time when youre listening to Jim Gaffigan though.


The vacation itself was AMAZING. We went to a cabin that Todds grandpa owns on Lake Matonga(sp?). The lake itself was beautiful! The water was crystal clear and just the perfect temperature. The other people there mostly included Todds family, immediate and extended. I cant believe how well I fit in with them, they really accepted me as part of the family. And almost instantly. It was great! I really got along with everyone up there, but mostly his aunt Jane. She was also into art and photography, so it was awesome to see some of her pictures and paintings. It was pretty inspiring. I even taught her a few things on Photoshop, so Im glad I could be of use haha. But it was awesome hanging out with all of them around the campfire every night. We even did mad libs! Those were pretty fun.


But most of the time we were on the lake, either tubing, kneeboarding, conoeing, or paddleboating. Man, tubing really took it out of me, I was dead tired and sore by the end of the day. And that was the first time I had ever kneeboarded. It actually didnt take me very long to catch on. I got the hang of it only on my second attempt. And there is a strap that is supposed to go across your knees to hold you on, but I couldnt get it around my legs, so I was just basically sitting up there, which I guess is pretty good for a beginner. One evening, Todd and I went conoeing and the lake was just beautiful. I cant even describe how awesome it looked, but ill try. The water looked like glass it was so calm, and you could see about 12 feet down because it was so clear, with its tall green plants and some patchy rocks on the bottom. And the sky was perfect with hundreds of different colors and spotty clouds here and there . And you could the "mountains" (they are mountains for Indiana) right along the shore with some fantastic houses. It was pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Thanks again for going. Glad you had a good time.

Night riding??