Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Lower Barn



Well, after talking with Jane in Wisconson, I decided to start posting some of my artwork that I have done. And since I will being doing a ton of work when school starts up, it will be a great opportunity to show off some of the things Im learning.

So this is a drawing of the cabin that we stayed in at Vermont this summer. Im not 100% sure of the history but I know that it currently belongs to John and Lynn Tracy. I know that it used to belong to Lynns father and possibly grandfather? The reason it is called the Lower Barn is because just up the road there is the Upper Barn. Back in the day, they both belonged to the same person, but during hard times he had to sell the Upper Barn, it now belongs to the actress that played the normal cousin on The Munsters. But I drew this picture for John and Lynn as a thank you for letting us stay there for a week. There was artwork all over the cabin, so we framed it and hung it on a bare spot on the wall. Its basically just drawn with charcoal on an 8.5x11" piece of sketching paper, and took me about 2 or 2.5 hours to do. And I know its a crappy, distorted photo but its the best I could do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ben, I have been looking at your charcoal of the cabin (aka Lower Barn) and just don't know where to begin! I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!! To me, it shows such sensativity and SOUL(i don't know if that's what a GUY wants to hear, but it's what i see.).... and of course SKILL.. the tree in the forground and those in the background are amazing with all their various textures. and the cabin makes me want to be there.The way it's framed is perfect. I 'll be looking forward to each time you can post your artwork. ( i hope you have been getting my comments!)The Tracy's are so lucky to have your drawing, you have given them something to treasure always. Jane.

Ben Miller said...

Jane, that just made my day.