Thursday, August 28, 2008

Great Movies

I would like to take some time out of busy schedule to recommend some great movies that I have seen over the years. I am a big movie fan, although sometimes it is hard to find time to watch them. Last year I used to watch a bunch online, some that I have heard were good, but didnt want to spend the money to find out if they were. Alright, so lets get started.

Fight Club. Now, if you have never seen this movie before, it is not really what you would expect. Before I saw it, I thought it would just be some stupid, full-on Hollywood-style film about a bunch of guys fighting. But it is so much more than that. Its actually has a message, one that you would not expect from the title. It also has a twist at the end, but I wont spoil if you havent seen it. But if you watch it once, you have to watch it a second time to get it all. I have seen the movie at least 20 times, and I still enjoy seeing it, and I still find things that I have never seen before.

Amelie. Now for some reason this movie reminds me of Fight Club, although they are completely different. I think its because everything is green, just like it seems in Fight Club. Anyways, this is a French movie that I discovered a while back, the whole movie is in French so you have to pretty much read the movie in English. But this is another awesomely great movie! Its very artsy, in a sense that every scene is green and red, and all of the characters are very unique and lovable. And this one, again, will have to be seen a second or third time to catch on to certian things. I have seen it so many times now that I dont even need the subtitles, I just remember what theyre saying. (By the way, I am completely in love with Amelie, the character)

Pans Labyrinth. This is not a kids movie, not at all. When I first started watching it I thought it was a kids movie, but in actuality, it is pretty messed up. This is also a foriegn film, it is all in Spanish. But nonetheless, it is a great, great movie!

300. This is another artsy film that I really like. Everything about this film screams art. It seems like every still frame could be a brilliant piece of photography. The story is awesome too. Its just a well put together film, and Im still wondering how they shot it.


Blow. This movie portrays the true story of one of the biggest drug lords in history, showing his life as a kid, his ups and downs, and even where he is now. Excellent, but often sad, movie.


Pulp Fiction. I love Quinton Tarantino films. This one is just one of my favorites made by him. I love how the whole movie is like 6 random scenes, in different chronological orders, dragged out seemingly forever, then are eventually tied together. The Kill Bill series is also great.


Well, Im getting pretty tired now, its nearly 1am, so Ill just list a few honorable mentions to this list that are also really great movies that you should all go out and see:


Life is Beautiful (or La Vita e Bella-its foriegn)


Momento


American Psycho


Snatch


Requiem for a Dream


American History X


Leon: The Professional


Garden State (This one is probably in my top 5 of all time)


Finding Neverland


Trainspotting


Big Fish


Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind


Thats all I can think of for now, bye.



No comments: